Wednesday 4 February 2009

Romeo Sozzi - a man of style

Romeo Sozzi - the head designer of one of my favorite furniture collections Promemoria - is one incredibly stylish man. I first came across the furniture line while perusing a favorite shopping spot in Singapore, MOIE a few years ago. All of their designs are incredibly elegant, refined and remind me just a little of the designs of another famous Italian, Gio Ponti. Only the best materials are used, as you would imagine of an Italian company. Here are just a few of my favorite designs...

Irene Chair

Sofia Chair

Theo Desk

Wanda Sofa

Gong Bronze Tables - love this!

Galadriel Desk - and this!

Frou Bed

Club Sofa

I was already familiar with Signor Sozzi's Milan apartment, so you can imagine my delight to have found photos of his Paris apartment in the latest issue of the Italian Architectural Digest....just a little drool worthy.

The choice of colour throughout the apartment is an interesting one, a dusty rose I would probably call it. Not what you would normally call masculine, but I think with his mix of furniture and art its quite successful - it's nothing if not unique!

Two different views of the living area. I think the fabulous bones of this apartment play a big part in getting away with this colour on such a large scale. Like most of the furniture in his apartment, the 'Wanda' sofa is from Promemoria. I think the image just above may be my favorite of all...the colours are so harmonious and look fabulous with the art selected. Very dreamy indeed.

As in his Milan apartment, Sozzi has chosen to paint the kitchen an entirely different colour. Not sure what the thinking is behind that move, but I guess its good to break it up a bit.

The 'Kyoto' cabinet and 'Bamboo' dining table in the casual eating area, adjacent to the kitchen.

'Sofia' dining chairs can been seen in the more formal dining room. The room in the background looks to be painted in a fabulous chocolate colour...I wish they'd included pics of it...from what I can see it looks amazing.

Last but not least, the bedroom which has a 'Frou Frou' bed and 'Amacord' armoire.

If these are your kind of eye candy, stay tuned for tomorrow when I'll post pics of his Milan apartment which is equally as stylish.

Apartment photos from AD Italia, January 2009 by Giorgio Baroni. Furniture images from the Promemoria website.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful post...intriquing. I love that color, but it had to grow on me. I bet it's beautiful at night.

Topsy Turvy said...

Beautiful, artful.

-Lana

Amica said...

I love how he's layered the colors and the trim on the walls. He's got a unique touch for it, I've never seen anything quite like this.
Thanks very much for sharing.

Dennise said...

I love the designs. It is simple yet really elegant. Great post.



Lounge suites perth